Ancillary Meetings Planning
As part of the 2022 International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS), the Association for Information Systems (AIS) is seeking participation by all Information Systems organizations to conduct an ancillary meeting at ICIS.
Should you require assistance or have questions during this process, contact Robina Wahid at email@example.com.
Reminder: All workshops should be submitted as workshops.
Workshops are typically half- or full-day sessions that facilitate discussion and exploration of ideas, techniques, and methodologies that advance research, teaching knowledge of IS-related concepts, or products from industry and their application to academia, educational curricula, or industry practice.
Key Benefits to using the OAM Site to plan your ancillary event:
- SIG and Ancillary events arranged through the OAM receive the best available audio/visual and food & beverage rates.
- Your event attendees will have the convenience to book during the ICIS registration process, or to add your event to their itineraries after registration.
- Hotel management – Ancillary event organizers can opt to take advantage of AIS’ meeting planning services to negotiate on your behalf to plan your event exactly how you want.
IMPORTANT: Ancillary meetings will be hosted in two locations. Please review details closely.
Saturday, December 10
Take advantage of the location and experience a local university. IT University of Copenhagen (ITU) has kindly offered their facility for SIG/Ancillary Meetings on Saturday.
A short walk from Bella Center to the metro station “Bella Center”. Take the M1 train in direction to Vanløse. Trains are departing every 6 minutes. You will get off after two stops (4 min) at DR Byen. Walk Emil-Holms-Kanal northwards (4 min). Please click here for Google maps.
If you are considering hosting an evening reception on Saturday, please contact Robina Wahid at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sunday, December 11 – Wednesday, December 14
The Bella Center which is attached to AC Hotel Bella Sky will be the primary location for all SIG/Ancillary Meetings during the above dates.
Please click on both links, review the details (i.e., A/V, food and beverage costs, meeting space fee) and determine which option best suits your needs and submit your request.
Ancillary Meeting Schedule
|Submission of REGISTRATION PORTION of OAM Application||August 26|
|Approval of your ancillary meeting program and registration form description.||Five business days upon receipt.|
|Submission of meeting specifications including audio-visual equipment, food & beverage selections, and room setup.||November 1|
· Listing your group on the Official ICIS Registration Form
· Processing payment
· Scheduled registration reports
· Scheduled financial reports
· Name badges (following official conference format only)
· Badge ribbons (as available) and lanyard
· Onsite registration service
· Logistical planning
· Discounted menus and menu planning
· Discounted AV prices
· Audio-visual equipment recommendation
· Room layout recommendation
· On-site coordination
· Hotel bill review
|Ancillary Meeting Registration Reports|
We will post the number of registrants on the “Ancillary Meetings” page on the ICIS 2022 website by end of the day, every Tuesday beginning in October.
You will receive a full report with names, dietary restrictions, email address (TBD), twice before the conference begins.
– You will receive the most current report when you check in at the onsite registration desk.
|Meeting Planning Coordination Fee (Applicable to all SIG/Ancillary Meetings and meeting location)|
· No planning coordination fee – Only applicable to SIG Business Meetings (without audio visual and/or food and beverage) and AIS related groups such as journals, affiliated conferences, AIS business meetings, etc.
· $250 – Only applicable to SIGS and Chapters. Flat fee regardless of number of days or events.
· $350 – Non-AIS affiliated groups (1-day event), or workshops, and ancillary receptions
· $500 – 2-day event
· $650 – Events three or more days
Should you have any questions during this process, please contact Robina Wahid at email@example.com.